It's been more than a year

It's been more than a year since I came out to myself and to some of my closest friends. 1 year ago, I stepped out of the years of shame, loneliness, fear and hiding. Now here I am healing, finding a new life and a renewed hope. Thanks to the many amazing people around me who have loved, cared for, supported, prayed and journeyed with me.

Sometimes I feel envious when I see straight people displaying their affection and love to their partners through photos on social media, and their friends will rejoice together with them, or when they show their public display of affection, they won't get a bizarre stare from people. straight people are free from social oppression or religious persecution regarding their sexual orientation. But gay people are ostracized by society, not so much here in nz's secular society but in the religious circle, the abuse still continues. Even though nowadays more and more christian churches have become gay-affirming but in many churches the abuse against lgbt people still endures, and they still send gay people to reparative or conversion therapy in an attempt to change their orientation.

The road is still far for me to walk on, as I'm still not out to my parents. Coming out is not a one time event for people like me. It is a simple fact that gay people live in a predominantly straight world and must continue to come out for life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My story part 3

My story part 4

Stop comparing my orientation to lust